Systems So Good They Go Unnoticed
Mechanical design calls for practicality — a pragmatic, energy efficient approach to problem-solving. At Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC), we match the sophistication of the system to the needs of the occupants and owners.
The best mechanical and plumbing systems go unnoticed, providing consistent comfort, energy efficiency, sustainability, and safety for peoples and equipment, with minimal maintenance.
Mechanical Engineering Services
On your project, PEC will develop an integrated approach to the controls and systems specific to your needs. Our mechanical engineering services include:
- Heating and cooling loads analysis
- Energy modeling using computer simulation and comparison of life-cycle costs
- Energy standards compliance verification
- CFD dynamic airflow modeling
- Existing building assessment
- Development and implementation of a sound commissioning plan that meets the requirements of the project specifications
- Inspection and verification of the installation
- Testing functional performance
- Owner and user training
- Commissioning Report and Systems Manuals to document the efforts
- Issue resolution – We can identify areas where a system can be adjusted and help you through the process.
- Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) compliance assurance
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) design
- Plumbing design
- Fire protection
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Sustainable design
- LEED documentation or applicable
- Central energy plants
- Steam, hot and chilled water distribution
- Medical gas, air and vacuum distribution
- Industrial ventilation and air tempering
- Paint booth ventilation/exhaust design
What Sets PEC Apart
PEC employs the latest technology in support of the experience and the imagination of our engineers. The precision of our documents identifies conflicts before construction, supporting an accurate bid process, and systems that work as designed.
What We Live and Breathe
We’re just a phone call or message away. Contact PEC headquarters at 316-262-2691 or visit our contact page to get started.