About PEC Careers
We’ve Got It All
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) offers engineering careers including civil, planning, and architectural engineering positions. We also perform a broad range of materials testing and field work. And of course, not everyone at PEC is an engineer — we also need professionals for positions ranging from administrative to human resources to marketing to IT.
The Recruitment Process
After applying for a position with PEC, we will review your submission and contact you if we would like to proceed. Next:
You will have a phone interview with a member of our human resources team. In some cases, you will also have a phone interview with the applicable division manager.
If you are chosen to proceed further, you will have a tour and face-to-face interview at our headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, or the appropriate location. In some cases when travel would be needed but is not possible, we may arrange a video conference interview.
If PEC would like to proceed with hiring you, you will receive an official offer letter. Immediately following, you must complete/pass a drug screening test.
You will start your new career!
Applicants Usually Ask About…
- Health Insurance (Multiple Options, Including PEC-paid Employee Plan)
- Dental Insurance (PEC-paid)
- Flexible Spending Account Available
- Supplemental Cancer Insurance Available
- Supplemental Vision Insurance Available
ACTIVITIES & CHALLENGES
PEC has a full-time Wellness Coach that visits with employees and, with an internal wellness committee, manages PEC’s Wellness Challenges.
Employees at all seven office locations have the opportunity to participate in wellness challenges and attend wellness presentations. These cover all aspects of health: physical, emotional, medical, financial, nutrition and social.
PEC is a corporate sponsor of the Greater Wichita YMCA. This provides us with access to their wellness resources for all our employees.
PEC offers gym discounts to employees. Those in the Wichita area can also use the PEC Fun&Fitness center across the street from our headquarters at 300 S. Topeka.
PEC offers quarterly incentives to employees who complete wellness activities like annual physicals, participating in an organized race, volunteering, and so much more. The grand prize is an extra vacation day!
- Term Group Life Insurance (PEC-paid With Additional Options)
- Short-term Disability Available
- Long-term Disability Available (One-half Cost PEC-paid)
- 401(K) Program (May Include PEC Match)
- Potential for Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation (Based on Years of Service)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
PEC encourages employees to participate in continuing education programs, earn professional licenses and join professional societies. We believe such activities are mutually beneficial to both PEC and individual employees.
Upon prior approval, employees who meet other requirements and wish to continue their education will benefit from the below.
- PEC will pay up to 50 percent of the tuition.
- PEC will pay up to 50 percent of the cost of books required for each course.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND SOCIETIES
- PEC is a Corporate Sponsor of W (formerly Young Professionals of Wichita), so our employees are automatic members of the organization.
- PEC will pay the Professional Engineer license fees.
- PEC will pay for membership in one professional society.
- PEC will cover the cost of any additional society memberships that are requested by PEC.
You’ll Like Our Vibe
We know you’ll like our vibe, but don’t take our word for it. Hear what employees have to say!