Work-Life at PEC
We Believe Happiness is Key…
…and that makes us one of the best engineering firms to work for.
Studies show happy employees are more productive. Here at Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC), we want to provide a positive, healthy workplace where employees can be challenged, grow and prosper. That’s important to us as we plan the future of our firm and the future of our staff.
A Little About Our Culture
Our culture is client focused, so our number one priority is serving them. Within that goal is plenty of room for our employees to become engaged in our communities, their cultures and the industries we serve. We want our employees to have diverse ideas, excellent communication skills and a passion for where they work, live and play.
Why Employees Choose PEC
- Health Insurance (Multiple Options, Including PEC-paid Employee Plan)
- Dental Insurance (PEC-paid)
- Flexible Spending Account Available
- Supplemental Cancer Insurance Available
- Supplemental Vision Insurance Available
Activities & Challenges
PEC has a full-time Wellness Coach that visits with employees and, with an internal wellness committee, manages PEC’s Wellness Challenges.
Employees at all seven office locations have the opportunity to participate in wellness challenges and attend wellness presentations. These cover all aspects of health: physical, emotional, medical, financial, nutrition and social.
PEC is a corporate sponsor of the Greater Wichita YMCA. This provides us with access to their wellness resources for all our employees.
PEC offers gym discounts to employees. Those in the Wichita area can also use the PEC Fun&Fitness center across the street from our headquarters at 300 S. Topeka.
PEC offers quarterly incentives to employees who complete wellness activities like annual physicals, participating in an organized race, volunteering, and so much more. The grand prize is an extra vacation day!
- Term Group Life Insurance (PEC-paid With Additional Options)
- Short-term Disability Available
- Long-term Disability Available (One-half Cost PEC-paid)
- 401(K) Program (May Include PEC Match)
- Potential for Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation (Based on Years of Service)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
PEC encourages employees to participate in continuing education programs, earn professional licenses and join professional societies. We believe such activities are mutually beneficial to both PEC and individual employees.
Upon prior approval, employees who meet other requirements and wish to continue their education will benefit from the below.
- PEC will pay up to 50 percent of the tuition.
- PEC will pay up to 50 percent of the cost of books required for each course.
Professional Licenses and Societies
- PEC is a W – A Community of Young Professionals Corporate Sponsor, so all our employees are automatic members of the organization.
- PEC will pay the Professional Engineer license fees.
- PEC will pay for membership in one professional society.
- PEC will cover the cost of any additional society memberships that are requested by PEC.
What Our Employees Are Saying
"You can go as far as you want to at PEC. There is no limit to what you are allowed to do."
“The design projects we do are very exciting and memorable because you have something you can look at in the end and say, ‘I did that.’ That’s probably one of the neatest things about working at PEC.”
“PEC offers many opportunities for growth, which is why I’m in Fort Collins, helping to grow this location. At large engineering firms, you become a number rather than a person. At PEC, they treat you as a person and give you opportunities to grow and expand your career.”
“I can go in my manager’s office anytime, and the president is right down the hall. In fact, he’s in our Fantasy Football League… Because PEC is a professional association, there is an opportunity for employees to eventually be inducted into the association and become owners.”
“We have great engineers, people who have enthusiasm and a personality to engage with. Because we’re self-owned, you feel that ownership and the desire to be successful."
“There are no cookie-cutter paths for employees at PEC. Your path is tailored to who you are and what you want to do. I’ve been able to grow in my career because PEC has invested in me and my future.”
Interested in joining PEC? View available career opportunities!